Wednesday, June 10, 2009

BBQ Chicken

I don't have a picture of this (or really much of a recipe), so I'll just tell you how I do BBQ chicken. And maybe this is a well known way of preparing BBQ chicken and I just found out.

First, I get bone-in thighs and legs (they don't dry out). I've found that Tyson chicken is the largest and most juicy. So, you take a ton of mustard (which I hate-mustard in general) and rub it ALL over the chicken. Make sure you get under the skin and everything. Let this sit for an hour or two. Then bake the chicken for ten minutes at 300. Take it out and pour BBQ sauce all over it (I usually skip the pre-baking step...don't tell Brian). Now, we use the best BBQ sauce EVER! Head Country. Only made in OK. In fact, if we ever move, I'll be buying tons of it before we go (now that I think about it, it might be available in some parts of the west). After slathering the chicken with sauce, you can either continue baking in the oven (I don't know how long, an hour maybe?) or you can grill it-I'm not the griller in the family, so I don't know how long that takes.

Anyway, this chicken is great and really quite easy!! Serve it with whatever. Leftovers are quite good in bbq chicken salad. Or just plain salad with some ranch.

No comments: