Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spiced Honey-Lemon Chicken

I've got another recipe that is wonderful! We had it for dinner tonight, along with a fantastic side of Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Caramelized Onion (which I will post the recipe for later). I do have a picture, but as I am not home and don't want to download all these pictures I've taken, I'll have to post it later. Brian has requested this recipe to go into our rotation and I liked it, so here it is!

Spiced Honey-Lemon Chicken

2 chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness

(we just used chicken tenders, you could also use thighs, we also didn't pound them, that's a pain in the patootie and I don't think it matters one bit over all).

1 tsp. Pepper

4 tsp. Olive oil

1 Tbs. Butter

3 Tbs. Honey

zest and juice of one lemon

½ tsp. Ground cinnamon

¾ tsp. Cumin powder

2 tsp. Paprika


Combine all ingredients in a small bowl (or a ziploc bag) and pour over chicken. Marinate for as long as you want (I would do a minimum of one hour). Grill or bake the chicken. If you grill it, you'll have to figure out the amount of time it takes on your grill. But if you bake it, bake it at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes on each side OR until juices run clear (we grilled it, so I'm not sure about the oven times either). And it all depends upon how thick or thin your chicken is. Eat up!!


No comments: