Friday, July 16, 2010

Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup

I love this soup! I just had a big bowl tonight (even thought it was like 115 today). It is a cream soup, and not a broth soup, which is great in my book!

Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Cubed, cooked chicken breast
1 Tbs. chicken bullion (I actually just use about a cup of chicken broth)
Chopped onion, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, and celery (I don't like celery, so I never add it)
Corn
Cooked rice (opt.)
8 oz. velveeta
1 can evaporated milk
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2-1 can rotel (I use original, which has the perfect amount of heat for me)
grated cheese (usually Monterey Jack)

Pretty much, you just want to mix it all together (and anything else that sounds good), add some water, and simmer until the veggies are tender. I fry up some flour tortillas, cut them into strips and serve them on top of the soup (actually, I personally put them on the bottom of my soup bowl, then ladle on the soup). Enjoy!

No comments: