Monday, October 4, 2010

Cheesecake Dessert

I haven't made this dessert in YEARS. I got a craving for it the other day and decided to go ahead and make it. I couldn't find the pie dough in tart size, and I was too lazy to make a pie crust, so I just made a graham cracker crust instead and put it in a 8x8 and it turned out just as delicious. It's so simple to make and a tasty alternative to real cheesecake (not to mention less time consuming)!


Cheesecake Dessert

Frozen tart shells

Cherry pie filling or blueberry pie filling

8 oz. cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1 tsp. Vanilla

8-9 oz. cool whip

Prepare individual prepackaged, frozen tart shells according to package directions, cool, and fill with cream-cheese filling and top with desired fruit. I use either cherry or blueberry pie filling - you just buy it in the can. Filling: Cream together 1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Then fold in an 8 or 9 oz. container of Cool Whip.

1 comment:

Beaners said...

Made this after you posted it, and I loved it! I need to make it again! So good! Hope you're doing ok, love you!