Friday, January 22, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts

Now I've seen these appetizers before, but never had the guts to try them...until a meeting I had to go to. I always thought it was some sort of scallop wrapped in the bacon. These are sweet, tangy, salty (in a good way) and just plain good. My friend made them and this is her recipe, next time I make them I'll put in a picture:

Connie’s Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts

3 cans whole water chestnuts

1¼ pkg. bacon

1 small bottle soy sauce

½ cup ketchup

½ cup brown sugar

Soak chestnuts in soy sauce for 1 hour. Wrap chestnuts in bacon pieces. Bake at 360 for 45 min. Pour off fat. Mix ketchup and b. sugar, bring to boil. Pour over chestnuts. Bake until bubbly.

If you try them, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Beaners said...

Hey, I had these for Thanksgiving! Chris' aunt made them, and they were sooo good!! Thanks for posting the recipe!