Saturday, February 27, 2010

Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce


I decided this week that Brian needs to enter the world of fish. He HATES fish (but likes shrimp, shark, crab and calamari. Go figure). I decided to make my Mom's recipe and I love it!! It's super easy and delicious!! I did follow her method and omit the lemon-pepper and onion salt. I also seasoned the fish with kosher salt and cracked pepper. It's great! Oh yeah, Brian left "early" for the Daddy-Daughter Dance, so he missed out (although not according to him).

Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce

1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
1 to 1½ tsp. lemon-pepper
1 tsp. onion salt
1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
6 lemon slices
½ cup butter

Dill Sauce:
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs. finely chopped onion
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. prepared horseradish
¾ tsp. dill weed
¼ tsp. garlic salt
Pepper to taste

Directions: Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. I sometimes just season it with sea salt and pepper instead of the lemon-pepper and onion salt (since it’s already topped with onion and lemon slices). Top with onion and lemon slices. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Open foil. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon.

1 comment:

crazy4boys said...

I'll have to try this. I'm trying to eat more salmon and haven't found a favorite recipe yet. I love dill so maybe this will be it!