Friday, March 11, 2011

Smoky Pineapple Shakes

We had leftover pineapple from the Broiled Pork Chops and Pineapple with Maple Syrup.  Brian got the wonderful idea of making a shake with it and it turned out really well.  You don't have to make the dinner to make the shake.  You do, however, have to broil some fresh (or canned, but fresh is best) pineapple with the maple glaze.

Vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 tsp. cayenne
Pineapple
milk

Mix maple syrup and cayenne.  Brush onto pineapple and broil until tender.  Blend ice cream, pineapple and milk.  Pour into a glass and enjoy the smoky, spicy, and sweet pineapple shake. 

4 comments:

crazy4boys said...

I'm sorry Brian, but this sounds gross! I'm sure I'd drink it if someone put it in front of me though.

Jenn said...

Haha, it really is quite delicious. I just thought it was a vanilla shake when Brian handed it to me, but it turned out to be something much better!

Emily Sue said...

I had no idea you had a recipe blog!! I love recipe blogs. How's your sweet baby? I'm dying to see more pictures of baby Wyatt!

Jenn said...

Hi Emily! I didn't know your middle name was Sue, I love that!

You're more than welcome to check out my other blog (or author on this one if you have delicious recipes ;). Just get your email to me and I'll send you an invite.