Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Razz-Ma-Tazz Bars

I used to make these ALL the time for a guy at Brian's old work!! He loved them! And I love them too! Somehow, the white chocolate (which I generally don't like, as a rule) is not too prominent a flavor as it is in other baked goods. Anyway, I love these bar cookie things. And I think I got the recipe off the back of a Nestle package, not sure though.

Razz-Ma-Tazz Bars

½ cup butter
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 eggs
½ cup sugar
1 cup flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. almond extract
½ cup raspberry jam
¼ cup toasted, sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and SUGAR a 9” square baking pan. Melt butter and add 1 cup of chips and let stand; do not stir. Beat eggs in bowl until foamy. Add sugar and beat until lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in morsel/butter mixture. Add flour, salt and extract; mix until combined. Spread 2/3rds in pan and bake for 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Heat jam and spread over warm crust, stir remaining chips into remaining batter and drop onto jam. Sprinkle with almonds and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on wire rack and cut into bars.

No comments: