Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tagliatelle Contadina

Don't be intimidated by the ingredients, it's a really easy and delicious dish!! Of course, my family, being who they are, doesn't like pasta (unless it's spaghetti...). My aunt was stationed in Italy (her husband is now a General in the Air Force, congrats) for 3 years or something and she picked up this recipe...or I got it from Martha Stewart, I have a similar one and can't remember which goes to whom. But I'm pretty sure this is my aunt Yvonne's. Not positive though.

Tagliatelle Contadina

4 fresh sage leaves (I usually put in a few pinches of dried sage)
2 sprigs fresh rosemary (again dried)
2- 4 oz. hot Italian sausages
3- 4 oz. sweet Italian sausages
3 Tbs. olive oil (I use only 1-1½ )
¾ cup plus 2 Tbs. heavy cream
3 roma tomatoes, diced
¼ cup frozen peas
2 tsp. butter
Salt
Pepper
¾ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 lb. fresh tagliatelle , linguine or fettuccine
¼ tsp. crushed red-pepper flakes

Boil water and some salt. Remove casings from sausage and brown over medium heat in olive oil. Add sage, rosemary, ¾ cup cream, and tomatoes to the sausage. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add peas, and cook, 1 minute. Add butter, and gently stir until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Add pasta to boiling water. Drain immediately and add to sauce. Toss well and serve with garlic bread or whatever.

No comments: