Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ivory Cake

Ivory Cake

1 pkg. white food cake mix (I used butter this time)
1 cup sour cream
½ cup water
½ cup oil
4 eggs
1 large pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix

Mix all ingredients for 5 minutes at medium speed. Pour into a greased and floured bundt, rounds or 9x13 pan. Bake at 325 for 55-65 minutes if using a bundt. I used two rounds and it probably took about 30-35 minutes or so, I just checked it at 20 minutes and then reset the timer. I'm not sure about a 9x13....

I frosted the cake with the normal chocolate buttercream frosting on the back of the powdered sugar box, except that I added much more cocoa powder. You are supposed to just use white, when I do, I add a little almond extract. I have to say, next time I make the frosting I am NOT going to use an entire stick of butter in the frosting, it was WAY too buttery for the cake (of course I also used a yellow butter cake mix instead of a white...). Anyway, Brian likes it and that's all that counts in my house!



No comments: