Monday, March 30, 2009

Easiest, best tasting CHILI I've ever eaten...hands down!

This may not be Brian-approved Jenn (because I've seen you slave away making chili his way) but it's darn good and takes me longer to brown the meat then it does to mix everything else together. Definitely a must try with some of Corcor's homemade cornbread (recipe somewhere below)!

1 can corn, undrained
1 can white beans, undrained
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can red beans, undrained
1 can Rotel's chili fixens tomatoes
2 big cans diced tomatoes
1/2 pound hamburger, cooked
2 tablespoons white vinegar or to taste
Salt/Pepper to taste
Water if you like it a little more soupy

Mix all together, heat up and enjoy!
*NOTE: The original recipe called for both hamburger and Jimmy Dean's spicy sausage. I ended up omitting the sausage in future batches because one, I don't like sausage and two, I didn't feel like it added anything to the chili...no kick, no spice, in fact I couldn't even taste it in there. BUT having said all that, for those that do like sausage, it's worth giving it a try.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That's funny, I was just about to post my chili recipe...you stole the spotlight...thanks.

Melisa said...

Totally scored huge in my house, Debbie! THANKS!!!