Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Peanut Butter Noodles

Chris and I love Thai food and a NY friend of mine made this for me during my moving frenzy and it was delish and so easy, so this has become one of our favorites. If you are making it for more than two, I suggest doubling the recipe. I boil one chicken breast, shred it, and add it to the mix. I always use spaghetti noodles. You can vary the ginger and garlic to taste but I like the recipe as is. The minced ginger may be hard to find, I used pureed ginger and it worked wonderfully. It will be a lot more work if you have to mince the ginger yourself -- not fun.


1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
3 cloves garlic, minced (about 3 tsps)
8 ounces spaghetti or Udon noodles

1 cooked chicken breast (shredded)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped peanuts


Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain.

Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts and is heated through. [Add chicken and stir to coat] Add noodles, and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just made this last night!!! We don't use the chicken or the green onions and I use thin spaghetti noodles. And instead of adding the chopped peanuts I just use chunky peanut butter. I do agree that you should double the sauce otherwise the noodles are a bit dry and sticky (I make enough for 6). My husband and I like to add a dash or two of hot chili paste on ours sometimes.